Thursday, June 21, 2012

~*This Old House*~






As clear as bright day light, so I remember it all
This old house stood next to the candelabra cactus tree
Always felt a cold draft brushed against my skin
Each moment I came close, or just took a glance at it
I could hear my bones rattle with fear
 


At the front porch, always seated this elderly woman
Very Stern look on her face and wrinkled double chin
She squinted at every pedestrian enough to make them fearful
Or seen this black furry cat with small red eyes
Such a starry fixation reminded me the look of the gremlins



That same wrinkled elderly lady stood aside by the cactus bushes

Amused herself particularly, in the late afternoon
Starred at me! Horrific! My blood steamed, terrified!
Could she be fed through my energy at that instant? Don't know!
I buried my face in Grand Mama's skirt safe I felt



When night fell, I could as though see the cactus tree changed

Perhaps unto monstrous creatures, stood still, but really frightened
Couldn't help not to look- my window was right at its angle
With my tiny tremor hands, I closed the drape, scared stiff I felt
Or preferably said, it might as well then a curiosity of my eyes



And the many chameleons spotted on the gabbles

I couldn't explain them all! Really, truly weird
They swelled up their necks, like ready to devour
Nonetheless, never once witnessed a scant of any harm they caused
But they did not look too safe.
 

When the lights all went out, I wrapped in the sheet like a mummy

If by any chance I heard a squishy noise. I Trembled like hell without a quake
Sometimes as well, felt lying in a pool of water. From all the sweat I drained of fear
Not enough, I lived these tortures in the early term
But it seems at times, this old house, and its contents continue to haunt my dreams.



© 2011 by _Patricia Etienne
All rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment