Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Religion, Faith and Power






You're asking me what has been wrong with my temper lately?

Jeez I don't know. Do you ever consider that I'm human there's only so much I can take?

Hold it right there.

Enough of all that crap.

The world is just going hocus pocus around me.

Uh, Uh that's how I see it. That's how I feel it, That's how I sense it.

Enough! I'm tired of showing a grin when my heart is really gloomy on the inside.

Saying good morning- when really I don't give a hoot
 
See, what's the common denominator in all this? Religion and Power.

As a child, I was brought up in a strict Catholic environment. My Grand-Mama read a Jesus' story every night. I had to say a prayer before bed. To prove my facts right, I attended Catholic school from primary to secondary school. So the Catholic scripture could transparently be seen on my forehead- a euphemism, for 'We Catholic know best!' I would go to mass every Sunday- confession every first Saturday of the month- There were golden rules in the house I couldn't dare to break- not even a notch. For instance, helping others was one of the rules. And I could never deny a fair hand to someone in needs.
As my life continued to unfold behind the dogmas of the Catholic church. I remained the same sweet person. I would do just anything and almost everything to please people. Basically, the word no has never inscribed in my vocabulary. But as the clouds go clearer took away the dark dots off my eyes. I developed more common ground than difference. I flushed off the guilt injected in me all those years. I switched the button from being passive to assertive. In the essence, I came to identify the phonies and pathetic Dicks around.
Now my tongue does not tie around Virgin Mary's belt buckle anymore. I'm at liberty to say any goddamn thing I please. Yes I am!

People with power can be overriding for dominance over other people— to make certain their beliefs and desire stand strong, or become reality. These douche bags are trying to turn this Myth into reality. “Power equals cash, votes and muscles.” They're out there looking forward to using and abusing others. They prey on good-hearted people— especially those with Christian backgrounds, and those who take a strong belief in Good versus Evil. They used their power to intimidate, their leverage to abuse and as a pawn in being vindictive. They tend to suck dry the juice out of my prune. And when I finally find the courage to say no. Yeah, I out-performing them, and now things don't go their way- I'm guilty as charged. Their claws come out like a cat, their skin color turn that really proves who they truly are.


My faith may be awry a little, but I'm to keep my broken body whole. I'll stay alert from now on— not to respond to every knock at my door. If it's for Religion and Power, certain regrettable things are not required of me.


Well, don't addle!

Now...

You do understand why I'm having such tamper tantrum right?




No comments:

Post a Comment