Monday, November 11, 2013

~*My Hat Off*~ #VeteransDay

To you I salute To you I honor Vigorous, bravery So visceral Take the stand Lead, lead the way Without looking back Images of The loved ones in their mind Although, With bloated hearts Stand by the oath Unknowing If there would ever be A home coming, Or see a next daylight March, march to defend Serve, protect, Keep the country pride Through smoke, dust, Mud, scorpions, snakes Lead, March the way Through torrent, winds Sleep on naked floor camouflage into the woods Step on their comrade's bodies- Swim in their blood Onwards, march Dig into the hole Reach, grasp Sealed the reason The cause is fulfilled Rise, wave the flag Victory proclaims Soldiers, you're my heroes Fallen and alive Your acts are forever gratified For every breath of my freedom To you I forever salute! To you I endlessly give honor! © 2011 by _Patricia Etienne All rights reserved This poem is dedicated to all soldiers who fought for a good cause. May their souls of their passed rest in peace, May those who survived forever receive honor and may you all at once be recognized for your brave hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment