Thursday, December 26, 2013

Within Kwanzaa #Kwanzaa

~1~
 



I~1~
I ain't gonna fret
I ain't gonna cry
so I ain't got no chimney
santa gonna come tred
Through my window sly.

~2~
Chillin with my homies
This old chick drop by
Djeez, stop my game going
Mama ask me to come and listen to her
She got me hook on to a new spirit

~3~
With the green, red, black colors
Mama decorate the table nice with fruits
Pop Greetings:" Umoja" then, "Kujichagulia" and so on…
Hope and joy kinda fly in my heart
So I got books in my crib now.

~4~
Unlike a broken car with no shield lights
So now my road is aligned to the right gear
Ignorance is wiped off my eyes
Sunlight is illuminating my senses
Within the pages I'm found

~5~

 

My failures are for me to adjust---
My achievements to re-evaluate and continue the path
My lady is no chick, and has equal say
My family is for me to uphold
It's my fair duty to pothole free my community.

~6~
What a joyous festivity I stumble upon?
I am among whom I love and respect
Eating, drinking wine, feeling bliss
Celebrating the goodness of life
Giving homage to the ancestors of all.
© 2008 by _Patricia Etienne
All rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment