Wednesday, January 30, 2013

It is addictive



addicted








Reality stroke my eyes

From the moment I noticed

The reflections of the woman in the mirror

Hello, my name is Becky

I live on the Hay hill avenue

My house is the one next to the Pot’s

My associates refer to me as Loony Becky.

It all started long, far ago

Then, a lovely, kind, young lady I used to be.

Naive to the sun

Innocent to the moon;

When It made my acquaintance.

I was just a newbie in the dorm

So my peers were my concern.

Oh my very first day!

My first trial…

It manifested in me like the joy of a thousand stars.

The second time around

It conducted me into this delusional world;

My environment appeared like Eden was being in the midst of the earth.

Danced without music being played

Laughed without any joke being told

Levitated without being on a spaceship

And so, times have gone by

It had turned around on me.

It had enslaved my whole being.

It had become vindictive.

It took my all rights...

Not even the right to turn onto my faith

Not to even say hail Mary full of grace our Lord is with thee.

It had destroyed my brain cells.

It had robbed me of my education.

Through It I had grown the pair of horns.

Now to you!

You should know by now

Why I’m Loony Becky?

Certainly…

You would not want to follow my path.

You would not want to dance my moves.

You would not want to sing my song.

Enough…

You would not want to mimic me at all.

I am brain dead!

You!

Yeah you!

Young and sweet

Seems just the right description for It;

So very the right prey

Now I see It parading at your door steps

Aware…

Be very alert

Cautious must you take

Clever you shall be

It constitutes of ruse

It has a way of arousing onto you.

It, is nothing but pretense

Offers sky rocket ecstasy

Just for a split moment

It is a brain fryer

You!

Yeah you!

Don’t become

The woman in the mirror

Yeah!

She is me

The unrecognized being

I…

Become

Hey

My name is Becky

And

I

Am

An addict!

© 2011 by _Patricia Etienne

All rights reserved

A note from the Author

This is a stand-up poem

Being a Nurse and through my overtime observations/ experienced with friends/ patients battled with long time drug addiction had allowed me to write this poem.


No comments:

Post a Comment